Tuesday's Tip - Organized Homework Supplies Box


Organized homework supplies

Surprise!  I am actually making a visit to my lonely little blog, to share a quick tip on organizing homework supplies.

We are still in our little rental property while our house is being built.  With school starting this week, I needed to come up with something that would house our homework supplies without taking up much space.  As I was walking through Ikea, I happened upon this great little box.  As soon as I saw it, I knew it would be a great place to keep all our school supplies organized and easy to grab when it is time for homework, and easy to put away when homework is done.  I picked it up, took it home and filled it with the school supplies I had just purchased.  It easily houses tons of sharpened pencils, scissors (with room for more), pencil sharpeners and erasers, glue sticks and two boxes of crayons.  I also love that is has a lid on a hinge that can be easily opened when needed and then snapped shut when done, and it is attached, so it won't get separated from the box - which believe me was bound to happen sooner or later in this house.

When I was filling the box, my son that is going into second grade came out and saw the box full of fresh, new school supplies.  I explained that it is our new box to pull out for homework time and he said to me.  "Wow mom, I am actually looking forward to homework now."  I wish I could say I was looking forward to helping with all that homework, but I do love all these new school supplies gathered together in a simple, organized way.

Organized school supplies