Cream of Chicken Soup Mix


One of my friends pinned this recipe and it has been on my list of projects for awhile.  This week I finally mixed up a batch and gave it a try.  Not bad.  I think it is a keeper.

Cream of Chicken Soup Mix
Adapted slighly from 1 orange giraffe.

1 cup non-fat dried milk
3/4 cup cornstarch
scant 1/4 cup chicken bouillon (if you have cubes you have to smash them up)
4 Tablespoons freeze dried minced onions
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon pepper

(For the equivalent of one can of condensed cream soup, mix 1/3 cup dry mix with 1 1/4 cup water. Cook until thick)

This batch doesn't make much, so if you like it, you will have to adjust all these amounts to make this stuff in bulk.

I made a little label with the instructions on how to use the mix and then taped it to the front of my container.  We tried some of this in a Pasta dish and enjoyed it.  It is so nice when these things work out. :)